Wednesday, December 14, 2005

"Today I feel a scratching in my throat... Wait... I think it must be time for a..... GLOBAL SICK DAY" - co-founder of PG

Welcome to the home of the Phoenix Group

Global Sick Day coming to a world near you... Stay tuned for date...

Who are we?
1. We are strong advocates of a 4 day work week also known as a 3 day weekend. Most people work too many hours a day anyway...
2. We are believers in mutual respect. We respect out employers and we ask that they do the same...
3. We believe in an ancient ceremony known as the Global Sick Day. (See below for more information)...

Global Sick Day or GSD to Financial and Tech Folk
The ancient holiday known as the Global Sick Day. Sometimes called GSD by tech folk. Whether you call it by the full name or the shortened version it's a glorious day passed down from generation to generation. It allows us to remind ourselves that we're in CONTROL of OUR own future. First celebrated by a cavemen called Bob sometime after the dinosaurs had been destroyed by Adam and Eve.... (some of the facts in this snippet have been made up)

Ok so who we aren't
1. We are not anarchists... (That would require way too much work)
2. We are not here to cause harm anyone any harm... (Quite the opposite. We are here to make people feel better)
3. We are not bad lovers... (I'm not anyway)

On a serious note
If you are sick of the same old routine day in and day out then do something that will make you feel proud and empowered. Take the Global Sick Day test and see for yourself. It's wonderful to take back what used to be ours - TIME.

Some ideas on how to spend your Global Sick Day...
1. Stay home and play with your kids
2. Stay home and play with your partner(s).
3. Do a project around the house. Nothing too heavy though, remember you're sick.
4. Call an old friend and meet for breakfast, lunch, dinner or all three.
5. Stay in bed and watch day time TV.
6. Go online and buy a GSD TShirt with your name on it. (Coming Soon)

Please send us your Ideas for your Global Sick Day and we will post them... Keep it clean(ish)

26 Comments:

Blogger phoenixiscoming said...

I am gonna hang out with my kids and my wife. A day for them is a day for me.

phoenixiscoming

4:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hell I am going to take the day and go see a sweet girl in Bristol that I haven't talked to in 7 years. Finding her number now to arrange it.

Deep Throat

4:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fuck me, can't believe it's really happening. me and my fellow slackers are going to live it large for the day, play some fuzzball maybe, go to the movies. how long is it since I went to a movie in the day time, Christ. Shit this is going to be a celebration.

4:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm a screenwriter. Going to stay home and finish a script, listen to some tunes, drink some good coffee, not the shit they have at the office.

5:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bring it on.

8:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fuckin-A man!

3:35 PM  
Blogger Phoenix day groupie said...

I'm going to relish the day I am not at work.......that's good enough for me...

7:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We're all in. Got a team of us ready for a sleep out.

7:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

forget the advent calendar, I'm counting down to the global sick day

4:01 PM  
Anonymous otaku52 said...

HELL YES! Love the site, dude. Bookmarking the fucker now! I'm taking Pheonix Day off to spend with family and I'm calling in on Global Sick Day too! Fuck the office. I'm going to go to the park with my son, the movies with my girl, do an oil change on my car, draw something good, have sex, and have a great day! Keep the site going! Thanks a million, this will bring hope!

12:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Shiiiit! 'The man' got it comin.

1:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Man, working the christmas holidays sucks big time, I'm taking myself a day back with you guys the guerilla way.

3:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I plan on sleeping the day away and maybe watching some movies, but mostly I plan on not being reachable by work.
Bent

6:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Right now I could take the whole freakin month and not look back.

6:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm going to lay in bed, get up to make bacon butties, drink beer at noon and then go out in the afternoon with some friends for some nice lunch.

The complete opposite of what I would normally have to do. Work doesnt control my life - I do!!

Evaluna!
x

7:07 AM  
Anonymous Chooch said...

Global Sick day has been declared!

Wednesday, January 18, 2006

First posted at fthisjob.com

7:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

begin the begine

7:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hell yes!

4:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rock on! I'm totally down... I'm gonna sleep in late, stay in my jammies all day long, eat ice cream, get baked and veg in front of the tv. Brilliant day!!!

Trynity

6:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Huzzah!
I too shall resist the temptation of my daily encounter with the fetid anus of industry, and do something cool instead.

Cadfeck
fthisjob.com

6:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Student and ready to fight. Reporting for duty.

9:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HUZZAH!

3:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy as a fucking clown.

4:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bring on the next one, I'm feeling a temperature coming on...

1:40 AM  
Anonymous Laurie said...

So when is the next GSD scheduled for?

7:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

These procedures are usually essential in evaluating the patients' progress as they continue with the therapy. During tough phases of life, you need someone with whom you can share your marital problems openly. You will also get the chance to participate in discussions along with your fellow students.
Also visit my web blog :: great depression sites for kids

7:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home